We get a lot of calls from people buying rural properties worried about their Private Water Supply,
This check list that we have put together should in some way help and guide you in the right direction.
The most important utility you have is Water, so please,
Find out about your Private Water Supply
- Has your Private Water Supply been tested recently?
- Where and what is the source,
- is it a Borehole,
- or something else and is it protected
- How does the water get to your property? (Culverts, Pipework, Other)
- Who is responsible for its upkeep and maintenance? Is it you, your landlord or someone else?
- Is the water treated in any way, is there a Water Treatment System installed and when was it last serviced.
- Is the Water Treatment System, Pipework and Tanks in good order, do they need improvements?
These are just a few pointers to help you when you are thinking of, or have already bought your new home in the country.
If you are not sure of any of the above please feel free to get in touch with us, we can give advice and help you understand how best to look after your Private Water Supply, a chat costs you nothing and might keep you and your family safe.
Hope you all stay safe this winter, see you next month.
If you need us to carry out a Private Water Supply – Winter Service on your system, you can contact us on.
See you all again next month.