PRIVATE WATER SUPPLY
Water is one of the most important commodities necessary.
A private drinking water supply is a water supply which is not provided by the statutory water undertaker, they are the responsibility of their owners and users.
The quality of private water supplies are usually variable. Some have adequate water treatment and are well managed, others present a risk to health due to the quality of the water. If you own or use a private supply it is imperative that you know the quality of the supply and the risks associated with it. The responsibility for regulating private water supplies is with the local authority. The environmental health department of your local authority (or, in the case of Northern Ireland, contact the Drinking Water Inspectorate) can arrange the testing of your supply. There is much that users and owners can do to protect themselves and user of the water. Measures include:
- Ensuring the water source is protected from contamination by grazing animals or material washing down from upstream
- Installing and maintaining the correct treatment which is capable of treating the water to a consistently satisfactory quality
- Ensuring the water is adequately disinfected prior to use
- Making sure that water is stored and distributed in a way that avoids it becoming contaminated after treatment and disinfection but before it is consumed
If you are the owner of or use a private water supply, and are looking for advice, we can help.
What can Access Utilities provide?
Access Utilities Ltd has a new approach to maintaining your water treatment equipment; we specifically tailor maintenance to your productivity needs, working with you to ensure that your water treatment system provides a reliable production of treated water between the agreed service schedules.
We offer a free of charge no obligation site survey to discuss your needs and then provide you with our report and fixed price service schedule to maintain your water treatment system. We also design, install and commission new water treatment systems for all types of treatment needs.
Some equipment supplied and maintained by AU
- Cartridge Housings and elements
- Turbidity Reduction
- pH Correction
- Iron Removal
- Water Softeners
- Deionisation Systems
- RO Filtration